Subject: RE: [office-collab] Changing the start-tag of an element

On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 10:32 -0600, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> I agree that it should not be a bucket replacement.  It's not how the
> user sees it and is clearly unnatural.

If the users sees it, that is:

If for example:
  <draw:frame svg:width="3cm" >
    <draw:object ... />
    <draw:text-box>
      <text:p>
        <draw:frame>
          <draw:image .../>
        </draw:frame>
        Caption
      </text:p>
    </draw:text-box>
  </draw:frame>
were to contain markup that "Caption" was changed then in some consumers
(those that are using the "draw:object") those changes would not be
visible.

It is not clear to me what accepting all changes in that implementation
should do with  that change.

Note that I would also prefer if the change to the caption would be
marked separate from a bucket change but I see lots of difficulties with
that (which would apply equally to ECT and GCT except that with respect
to the latter we have no idea which restrictions are proposed.)

Andreas