Subject: RE: [office-collab] Let's Keep the Cases Straight

On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 00:25 +0000, John Haug wrote:
> Perhaps I can clarify some of the confusion.
>

> The examples under the Images, Shapes, Charts section of the ECT
> proposal were intended to show that for areas that are slippery slopes
> with lots of potential granular changes to track that may have lower
> end user value to track on such a granular level, they can be easily
> treated at the level of the whole object.  Text that exists on these
> objects can be treated the same way as any other text.
>

> I think Ben was pointing to the first subsection, Edit
> Image/Shape/Chart when he referred to “page 17”.  In this case, the
> question of how to handle text:p is irrelevant since draw:frame does
> not allow text:p as a child element.

Transitively draw:frame does allow text:p as a child element. And
buckets containing the entire tree at an XML node are thus transitive
with respect to containment.

Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) v1.2
Part 1: Introduction and OpenDocument Schema
03, 30 July 2009

(9.4.2) draw:frame allows as a child element draw:text-box (9.4.3).
In turn draw:text-box (9.4.3) allows as child element text:p (4.1.2).

So it is completely relevant as it is specified.