Subject: Re: [office-collab] Some thoughts on Change Tracking

On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 18:42 -0600, monkeyiq wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 18:22 -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:

> > > Perhaps we are looking at different aspects here. I am referring to
> > > example like the "Edit Image/Shape/Chart" from the ECT (pp17). In order
> > > for an application to tell you that the image file name changed from
> > > Image1.jpg to Image2.jpg it will have to do a diff on the
> > >
> > > text:tracked-changes/
> > >   text:changed-region@text:id="1"/
> > >     text:deletion ct:id="1"/
> > >        draw:frame
> > > And the inline draw:frame for
> > > text:change-start text:change-id="1" ct:sub-id="2"
> > >
> > > In the GCT this would be explicit in an ac:change attribute. No need to
> > > perform any analysis to see that the xlink:href was Image1.jpg in the
> > > last revision.
> >
> > But changing the name of the image file in the zip package is _not_ a
> > change to the document. The image file names are just internal
> > references to find the appropriate image or chart description.
>
> Well, this is just the example from the ECT proposal document. It is my
> understanding that any semantic change in the draw:frame is handled the
> same way. So for example, editing the caption will want to be change
> tracked and will produce the above need to perform a diff analysis.

And in GCT while you know that the image file name has changed you also
still have to perform a diff analysis to determine whether there has
indeed been a change to the image (or chart or...). So in both cases you
need to determine whether there was change and if there was a change
what it in consisted of (assuming that your implementation wants to be
more specific then saying that there may have been a change).

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow, PhD, FTICA
Concordia University College of Alberta