Subject: Re: [office-collab] Groups - Discuss draft consensus report added

A few notes on the call (thanks to Tristan). This is not an official record but if anything concerns you, e.g. your point has not been understood, please let me know. Ben: I am not sure I could hear you so apologies if I missed any points, please let me know.
A particular thanks to those who got up early or stayed up late to join the call!
Robin

Present
-----------
Doug
Tristan
Rob
Robin
Ben
Andreas
John
Patrick

Introduction
----------------
Robin gave an overview of the content to check is anything should be added/deleted at the topic level.
Rob hasn't looked in detail at the document yet but had the following questions/comments
* What is the purpose of the note?
    - see Abstract
* Is a conclusion appropriate or should it be more questions/call for comments?
    - noted that conclusions may need to include such questions
* Section 1.1 - all the documents should be publicly available, as should the email
* References - this section is intended to be references to other standards rather than internal documents. Most of this should be replaced with simple footnote referencing.

Length about right, no suggestions for topic additions of deletions though some revision may be needed as a result of following discussions.

John is OK with the introduction (specifically no wish to add comment re motivation for putting forward the ECT proposal).

Section 2 GCT Overview
-------------
No comments

Section 3 ECT Overview
-------------
John is happy on the parts that were in question although he may add a paragraph that describes ECT mechanisms in more detail.
Patrick - likes the table in section 3 and questioned whether it could be used as a comparison between ECT and GCT rather than just Current vs ECT.
Suggestion made that this could be moved to another section so as not to confuse this overview. Table could be expanded to other areas.

Section 4  Use Cases
-------------
John - would like to see rewording on the discussion about UC7, and will provide this.
Ben asked if there should be more detail on each use case. Rob replied that this is provided in the wiki and that we can link to a specific revision of that using specific revision numbers in the URL. Noted that better to refer to emails if possible as these are more stable longer term.

Section 5 Discussion of approaches
-------------
Rob said this is a difficult document to produce, perhaps a proponent of each approach should write their bit. Robin said that a review of discussions and what we have learned would be useful to readers, he has tried to be fair in this analysis though of course has a strong opinion. Important that SC is Ok with the result, Robin willing to insert specific comments/quotes as needed to express diverse opinions. Try to keep to the facts also.

John is happy with para 2 talking about the non-Text scope.
Some discussion on prioritization. John would be happier saying that we have not agreed on the scope of track changes rather than taking the definition of scope from the statement of purpose. Others agreed that we could ask for comments on the priorities of what needs to be defined/implemented first.

John said there has been discussion re current issues of ODF CT. No conclusions though re how to overcome these or change the definition of CT as it exists now.

Noted current ECT proposal does cover all of the operations in the table.

Andreas said there is a missing link between the generic nature of GCT and how it might actually be applied to ODF - the definition of that step is missing.

Re para starting 'Another contrast...': John said he had submitted an email about this and it is not an issue, Robin asked for reference to this because it still seems to be an important difference.

Edit Tracking vs Revision Tracking
Patrick is puzzled by the confusion relating to these two views and what ODF is for. No time to discuss but he was asked to send an email with comments.

SWOT analysis: no time to discuss this, all asked to send in comments to update as needed.

Schedule moving forward
Robin asked for all comments to be submitted by the end of this week (14 Oct 2011)
He will then produce a second draft in the following week to be viewed and commented upon with a follow-up conference call on 1st Nov 2011