Subject: Voting result - WD04 REJECTED: ODF Change Tracking: Analysis and Proposals Version 1.0

The consensus report did not pass the ballot: 6 YES, 4 NO, 2 ABSTAIN and 4 did not vote. To pass at least 50% of the voting members need to vote YES. Therefore an abstention or not voting counts the same as a NO vote (many members of the TC was not aware of this when the vote was made, myself included).

Three members of the SC voted against it, and made comments, see:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/ballot.php?id=2161
(you need to be a TC member to access these so I am not repeating the comments on this mailing list)

I find this rather embarrassing as chairman when I thought we had consensus on the report. I based this on requests for comments on each draft report and as by draft 04 we had handled all the comments and there were no responses when I asked if anyone else had comments (see my email to the group 5th Dec 2011). It is difficult to run a group if members are too busy to review and respond to emails. I hope we can avoid this in future.

We now need to wait for comments on the document from those who voted against it with the view to revising it so that we can get approval.

Please bear in mind in those comments that the report is on the work we have done, it is not proposing any agreed approach, nor is it a requirements specification. The purpose is clearly outlined in the Abstract.

Robin

Robin La Fontaine, Director, DeltaXML Ltd  "Experts in information change"
T: +44 1684 592 144  E: robin.lafontaine@deltaxml.com
http://www.deltaxml.com
Registered in England 02528681 Reg. Office: Monsell House, WR8 0QN, UK