Subject: Re: [office-collab] WD04 comments [3 Thorsten]

<office-collab@lists.oasis-open.org> wrote on 01/11/2012 08:43:41 AM:

> Robin LaFontaine wrote:
> > Regarding your first point, this was deal with in the call in thatRob would
> > like comments from SC34 at least and to get these we need an
> approved document.
> >
> Hi Robin,
>
> what kind of comment do we expect from SC34 specifically? That
> entity in particular was what I had in mind, when I said I feel
> unhappy with a work-in-progress document.
>
> SC34 is not going to do our work, and if we ask them, we should do
> so in a very focused way. Asking them "tell us what to do" is not
> gonna get us very far, it's still OASIS who maintains ODF.

I don't think anyone suggested that they would "tell us what to do".

If you look back at the comments received during previous public reviews, say with ODF 1.2, you'll see that we received a lot of useful feedback, including from SC34 members.  Not all stakeholders are on the TC, so there is value in engaging via the public review process.