Subject: Re: [office-collab] WD04 comments [3 Thorsten]

Svante's collaboration work is a radically different approach from either of the current proposals (and this is based on the information that Svante has presented and referenced and several hours discussion with him - it is very interesting but very different). That is why I found it difficult to see as a 'compromise' between GCT and ECT. It is a compromise only in the sense of being generic like GCT and extending existing functionality with an emphasis on simplicity like ECT. Feedback on the questions in the conclusion of the report are also relevant as input to this so would not be wasted.

Although collaboration is in our ADC name, our brief was clear "The initial and highest priority for the Subcommittee will be change tracking." It may make sense to revisit this brief in the light of feedback and Svante's research, but that was what we were asked to do.

Robin