Subject: Re: Your questions on MCT? My question on Diffs of Example docs!

Hi Tristan,

On 23.02.2012 11:50, Tristan Mitchell wrote:
> Hi Svante,
>
> I think my questions were related to the operations that would be allowed in the changes/undo xml files. If you are going to be defining these (or at least starting to suggest some definitions) then I will wait to see what they are.
Oh, as managers are always willing to tell everyone - waiting is the
wrong attitude. Honestly, there are a various operations on various
components. If you wait, till all are on the table, there is little less
to work together on here in the SC.
Let me suggest the following: you pick up a scenario and perhaps think
about questions on the operations I have already provided.

I will work out operations for the six basic use cases Robin pointed out
and if you have problems with coming up with operations for your
scenario, I will happily assist you.
Keep in mind the basic design idea that basic user events are being
described by operations, while moving as much common knowledge
(conventions) to the specification to focus on the mandatory variable
part to be handled by the operation.

> When I created the change-tracking examples I didn't script anything I'm afraid, I worked manually. In fact some of the changes were made manually to make the examples simpler. I found that making the changes with an editor created changes all over the place (e.g the meta.xml) and this took attention away from the actual changes we wanted to demonstrate. It was a somewhat laborious process!
>
> Having said that, for GCT, the tracked version of the document will detail every XML change, so you could treat these as a diff of the XML files.
It was worth asking..

Thanks,
Svante