Subject: Question on GCT (if I have the abbreviations correct)

Greetings!

Going over the proposals in hopes of meeting later this week for discussions!

And have a question.

On item 14, page 5 of the original GCT document, it reads:

  1. Text and/or elements may be moved (deleted from one place and added elsewhere) to one or more other locations in a document. The change history of an element is not moved with the element. Content that has been moved from position A to position B can be moved again from B but it is deleted from A and so cannot be moved from A in a later operation.

OK, so if:

The change history of an element is not moved with the element.

Does that mean a new change history starts at the new location with a new history?

Except that some history shows the deletion of an element (is that the end of the history?)

And some other history shows the insertion of an element (is that the start of a history?)

Where there is a move (delete/add), how do those two histories connect to each other?

Thanks!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

PS: on #5: "Where a document has more than one CT, the order of the CTs must be defined."

Shouldn't we go ahead and require that all CT have a defined order?

If we do, what happens if we exchange documents and I made changes on top of yours. Should we time stamp them? Associate with particular authors? Or is that covered in the ordering? That is every document has one change order?

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net