Subject: RE: [office-collab] ECT Question

Patrick refers to a row in the table of use cases (Overview section) of the original extended-ct-proposal document.

I must admit, I don't recall!  A series of tracked changes would be cached, so that seems like a "history" to me.  I wonder if I had that in as an initial simplification, and then designed more to handle storing format changes.  Sigh, unfortunately, I think that's an error and you can safely ignore it.  My apologies.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: office-collab@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:office-collab@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Patrick Durusau
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 6:23 AM
To: office-collab@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [office-collab] ECT Question

Greetings!

Just a general question:

What does it mean to track change but no history on format?

That is to say, if we are tracking changes in format, say for undo operations, isn't that the same thing (conceptually) as a history?

There may be reasons to not capture that "history" in the same sense as we do element moves but there is a "history." Yes?

Or does "history" mean changes that persist over the closing of a document?

That is I can save and close the document, whereby I lose "undo" of changes. Yes?

Thanks!

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net