Subject: Re: [office-collab] scope of selection committte work

Camilla, Patrick,

Camilla has raised some good points and I would support Patrick's reply. I think it is quite likely that none of the current proposals will be a perfect fit with requirements, but it would certainly be useful to indicate where each falls short, as Camilla suggests. At this stage it is not possible to predict whether or not those shortcomings can be addressed, I think we will have to see when we get there! The committee may want to allow some time for issues to be addressed before they form their final conclusion/recommendation.

In looking at requirements please do not forget the charter of the subcommittee - that is what we were aiming for originally, though there has been discussion about whether that was too ambitious. But it was what the ADC SC were asked to do by the TC. Perhaps the Select Committee will suggest a change in focus by a revision of the charter, though I am not clear whether or not that is within its remit.

Robin