Subject: Re: [office-collab] Application requirement for Change Tracking: Document comparison

Robin,

More tomorrow but for tonight:

OK, when you say text or table you mean anywhere in the ODF format where PCDATA can occur and/or any changes to the structure of a table for a *text* document, those changes must be capable of acceptance/rejection.

May I assume that the maker of the changes is always logged? No anonymous changes?

Along with the date of changes?

Interesting requirement concerning changes to auto-generated indexes (TOC is a type of index) and list numbering.

Other auto-generated materials? page numbers? footnotes? caption numbering?

BTW, I assume that where there is original document A, to which changes are made, resulting in document B, and document A is also changed by another user to make document C, that your client would recognize there can be some conflicting changes where cannot be automatically merged.

Both B and C start from the same original but make inconsistent changes to their copy of the original.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick