Subject: Re: [office-collab] Additional use case for change tracking

Patrick - thanks for your clarification, I did interpret it correctly and will post a GCT solution in a following email
Robin

On 21/06/2012 11:48, Patrick Durusau wrote:
Robin,

Apologies for the slow response!

Comments below:

On 06/18/2012 10:44 AM, Robin LaFontaine wrote:
Patrick,

Thanks for these examples - I think it would help if we all encoded exactly the same sample, so here is my suggestion (which is subject to your approval that I have interpreted your cases correctly)

1st Case

1. Original saved by 1st author
<text:p>This is the original paragraph, created with change tracking on so seen as an added paragraph.</text:p>

2. 2nd author changes text:
<text:p>This is the second version of the paragraph, created with change tracking on so seen as a modifed paragraph.</text:p>

Transferred back to 1st author, but that is not a further change.

2nd case

1. Original
<text:p>This is the original paragraph, created with change tracking on so seen as an added paragraph.</text:p>

2. 1st author changes text:
<text:p>This is the original paragraph, created with change tracking on so seen as an added paragraph, which is then modified.</text:p>

3. 1st author changes text again:
<text:p>This is the modified paragraph, created with change tracking on so seen as an added paragraph, which is further modified.</text:p>

Are these specific examples OK?

Yes, with the understanding that the second example should reflect a manual "save" event that fixes the text that is then subject to change tracked modification.

In other words, if in a single editing session, with no saves, I type:

Here is the incorrect text.

and seeing I have made a mistake I move the cursor and reform the text to read:

Here is the correct text.

There should be no change tracking recorded because I am in a single editing session.

Or did I succeed in making the use case less clear?

Thanks!

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

..snip
Robin La Fontaine, Director, DeltaXML Ltd  "Experts in information change"
T: +44 1684 592 144  E: robin.lafontaine@deltaxml.com
http://www.deltaxml.com
Registered in England 02528681 Reg. Office: Monsell House, WR8 0QN, UK