Subject: Backward compatibility and interoperability

First of all, I am glad that MCT was identified as the most efficient
serialization of the ODF change-tracking info-set and I would like to
thank the select committee for all the hard work and all the extra time
they have invested to work out this proposal.

In our last TC meeting there had been the discussion on compatibility
that I would like to continue. I fully agree we should provide backward
compatibility and be able to reuse existing documents with upcoming ODF
applications.
Only by providing a mapping between the existing ODF 1.x change-tracking
and the new serialization of MCT a backward compatibility could be
guaranteed.

To archieve this, I would like to ask ODF application vendors if they
have test documents on existing change-tracking they are willing to
share - for instance to the OASIS OIC TC.
In addition I would be curious on test documents of OOXML, does
Microsoft (or any other institution) has any public accessible
repository for such or could make them available to test interoperability?

Best regards,
Svante