Subject: New chairman from 6th Aug 2012

For those who do not read the TC minutes, please note that I stepped down as chairman and Svante was appointed chairman of this subcommittee on 6th Aug.

I would like to thank all members of the SC who have worked on proposals and the evaluation of them over the past 18 months. It is a shame we were not able to reach a consensus on the best approach but the use cases and analysis reports will I hope prove useful for future work. The scope that was provided as part of ECT forms the basis of the first phase of work for MCT, and GCT should prove useful as a way of documenting changes that are represented in MCT - these are both useful contributions to the ongoing work. As has been suggested by some members of the TC/SC, GCT may be more applicable to other areas of XML and there is interest and support for that work to continue.

All best wishes to Svante as he leads the SC to provide an implementation of MCT for change tracking in ODF.

Robin
Robin La Fontaine