Subject: Re: [office-collab] How do we count? - September 26, 2012

Patrick Durusau wrote:
> What is required is that when I serialize the in memory
> representation (my meaning of data model), is that it meet all the
> requirements of the ODF format.
>
> That is we specify a serialization of changes against that common
> serialization so that when we exchange that representation,
> applications reach a common state of the document with regard to
> changes. What data model the applications are following isn't
> relevant at that point.
>
> Yes?

Yes. But I think this is achievable with both your proposals - if
there's a well-defined bijective mapping between components and xml,
any import and export code can apply this mapping on the fly.

Cheers,

--

Thorsten Behrens

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg; GF: Jeff
Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)