Subject: RE: [office-collab] Multiple changes

On Thu, 2012-09-20 at 10:53 -0600, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> I think there are interoperability and usability issues around how much change is one change.

ODF specifies a file format. It does not specify implementation user
interface interaction. I can easily imagine an implementation that
allows for a large number changes caused by a single user interaction
(delete the content of all dependent) where another implementation would
require a user to do this in many steps.

If we want to record this in the change tracking info then I would not
expect that ther is a single "change" record for this even if the first
implementation will present this to its user as a single change.

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow, PhD FTICA
Professor of Mathematical & Computing Sciences