Subject: Re: [office-collab] How do we count? - September 26, 2012

On Wed, 2012-09-26 at 05:04 -0600, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> Hi, Andreas,
>
> Yes, Andreas is more or less right - it is a feature of the application.
>
> Do you think it make sense to create a dependency in the file format
> between two tracked changes which is not needed?

ODF extended conformance documents can contain foreign elements that I
could imagine may create dependency between two tracked changes, that
cannot be discovered by an application ignoring those foreign elements.

So dependency stated in the file could be misleading to a consumer.
Moreover if it adds tracked changes they would not reflect the foreign
element-induced dependencies.

As a consequence I do not see how storing such dependencies in teh file
can reasonably work.

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow, PhD, FTICA