Subject: Re: [office-collab] Counting issues, etc

On Sat, 2012-09-29 at 13:18 -0600, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> Following closely onto those two, however, is the common experience of
> turning change tracking on and also turning it off.
>
> Perhaps is a single editing session by a single user.
>
> But it is certainly the case that a document (in its broadest sense) can
> pass through several hands, all of which may turn change tracking on or
> off and all of who may make changes to the documents as well as accept
> or reject them.
>
> (I need to post the multi-user making/accepting/rejecting comments into
> a requirement but that is for a separate post.)
>
> I have the sense that turning change tracking on/off is nearly as
> universal a requirement as identification of location and specification
> of the change to be made.
>
> Is that a fair statement?

I really don't understand how the fact that users can turn change
tracking off or on some applications is related the the ODF file format.
I would think that the file format should store the current file and any
change tracking information that has been collected.

Whether there may have been some changes made for which change tracking
info is not available is really not important. Of course one would
expect that the change tracking information stored is in fact compatible
with the current file content.

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow, PhD, FTICA