Subject: Re: [office-collab] Change-Tracking with "show-changes" enabled

Hi,

my view on this use case is somehow different. If the tracked changes are
shown or not, esp. if we do not know how they are displayed should not be
part of the our concern.

When some text is deleted, the application still shows the deleted text as
given by Svante and editing inside the deleted text is allowed, the
following should happen:
- An edit operation inside a deleted area - e.g. insertion of some other
text - should cause a (postpone) split of the former delete operation

content:
abcdefg [showing the changes]
abefg [not showing the changes]
MCT-stack:
<add s=/1/3 "cd">

should become

content:
abcNdefg [showing the changes]
abNefg [not showing the changes]
MCT-stack:
<del s=/1/3 e=/1/3>
<grouped CT>
	<add s=/1/3 "c">
	<add s=/1/4 "d">
</grouped CT>
[I hope I used the correct OT positions.]

But this does not "solve" the use case completely, as we do not "reflect"
that the inserted "N" was inserted between the deleted "c" and the deleted
"d".

CT-markers inside the content would help here - something like:
content:
ab<CT1.2/><CT2>N</CT2><CT1.1/>efg
MCT-stack:
<del id=CT2 s=/1/3 e=/1/3>
<grouped CT>
	<add id=CT1.2 s=/1/3 "c">
	<add id=CT1.1 s=/1/4 "d">
</grouped CT>

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann

--
Advisory Software Engineer

IBM Deutschland
Beim Strohhause 17
20097 Hamburg
Phone: +49-40-6389-1415
E-Mail: orwitt@de.ibm.com

IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzende des
Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294