Subject: to be defined "atomic" MCT operations resulting from my work on MCT challenge #1 "merge of paragraphs"

Hi,

on [1] you find my try to identify and provide the "atomic" MCT operations
which are needed for a "merge of paragraphs".
Please have a look and provide feedback.

I have identified the following "atomic" MCT operations during my try:
(1) deletion of text content
(2) insertion of a style
(3) application of a style
(4) merge of two paragraps
(5) style change at a paragraph

I think that the corresponding reverse operations are needed, too. Together
with a generalization I am ending up with the following list of "atomic"
MCT operations after my work on our MCT challenge #1:
(1) deletion of text content
(2) insertion of text content
(3) insertion of a style
(4) deletion of a style
(5) application of a style
(6) removal of a style application
(7) merge of two objects of same type
(8) split of two objects of same type
(9) style change at an object

Additionally, the feature to group "atomic" MCT operations in the undo
stack is needed from my point of view.

Regarding the needed rearrangement of the MCT undo stack for
accepting/rejecting changes I notices the following:
(A) For the acceptance or the rejection of the following MCT operations no
rearrangement of the MCT undo stack would be needed:
- application of a style
- removal of a style application
- style change at an object

(B) In general I think we need to figure out the certain dependencies
between "atomic" MCT operations in order to define if a certain MCT
operation can be accepted or rejected. Only rearranging the undo stack and
observing the positions does not seem to be enough. E.g. accept/reject
insertion/deletion of a style.

[1] https://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/Merge%20of%20paragraphs

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann

--
Advisory Software Engineer

IBM Deutschland
Beim Strohhause 17
20097 Hamburg
Phone: +49-40-6389-1415
E-Mail: orwitt@de.ibm.com

IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzende des
Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294