Subject: RE: [office-collab] Re: [office] Groups - MCT Challenge #2 (PDF) uploaded

OK, good.

Now, is there a technical definition of measurable equivalence?  The one about deletion of a string of characters one at a time being tracked that way (but the preference is to track it as one change) is easy.

When there are non-coalescing atomic actions, there is the matter of different cases, as already discussed for insertion in insertions, deletions across deletions, etc., that can arrive in more than one way but aren't *necessarily* reflected in the persistent document.

  Or perhaps that is simply up to the producer, since there is no way to know that the user actually did it as one action once the document is produced?  (I may have answered my own question, assuming the MCT specification does not constrain the relationship of the producer to its provisions for in-session editing actions.  I am assuming that such a constraint is inappropriate in a format specification, since there's no way to know.)

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: office-collab@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:office-collab@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Svante Schubert
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 09:40
To: office-collab@lists.oasis-open.org

On 05.12.2012 18:19, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> My sympathies are with the statement by Oliver on the call log:
>
>    [16:08] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: Thus, yes I agree. I would
>    also go a step further: Would be good, if an application
>    could indicate a certain bundling and may be also name it.

[ ... ]
I believe you you refer to the log, the original quote was '

the information set of changes have to be the same.

' It was meant that the granularity of changes does not matter. It only
matters that the overall change is the same. Accepting/Rejecting once
"abc" or each three separated characters is up to the application.
Operations used by applications to express the change have to be equivalent.

>  - Dennis

[...]

Best regards,
Svante