Subject: IRC log from today's meeting - 2013-01-30

Please find the IRC log of today's meeting below.
Our next meeting will be in two weeks on the 13th of February.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2013&month=2&day=13&hour=14&min=30&sec=0&p1=179&p2=37&p3=136&iv=1800

Attendees:
Louis, Peter, Patrick, Oliver
,
Svante
[15:30] Svante Schubert: Hi!
[15:34] Peter Rakyta- MultiRacio Ltd.: Hi
[15:35] Svante Schubert: Hi Peter
[15:35] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: attendees: Svante, Louis, Peter, Patrick, Oliver
[15:36] Svante Schubert: Oliver, gave his update on the wiki pages of last year
[15:37] Svante Schubert: He was delayed unfortunately by sick leave, so he could not give an update on the list, just the update on the Wiki done after the last call
[15:39] Svante Schubert: Putting XML design questions aside in the beginning, I gave a summary yesterday how a template of a component definition might look like - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-collab/201301/msg00012.html
[15:47] Svante Schubert: Discussing how the definition of components might be become part of existing part 1
[15:48] Svante Schubert: Patrick: The new markup of the new change-tracking will not become part of content.xml or styles.xml?
[15:49] Svante Schubert: Yes, it will become a part of a new file, so the change-tracking does not become a part it is tracking. Allowing in theory a signature example, where the content.xml is not being changed, but annotations are made via operations.
[15:52] Svante Schubert: What we have to define in the new part, how does an operation represents the change of XML.
[15:54] Svante Schubert: This can be quite effective, like if an operation is representing the movement of a table row from one position to a new one. For instance. "moveTable from 3 to 7" can be mapped/represent a huge XML change.
[15:58] Svante Schubert: Patrick: A document is just a static instance of a to the ODF schema valid XML representation of a state
[16:01] Svante Schubert: Patrick: If we define the operations we want to use and the components we want to apply the operations upon, we only have to define the state (XML) change a operation is representing.
[16:01] Svante Schubert: Fully agree, Patrick!
[16:04] Svante Schubert: In the second part of the mail of yesterday - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-collab/201301/msg00012.html, I gave an example how components can abstract from XML, how heading, list-item and paragraph can be very similar.
[16:05] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: The list-item thing might become a little more tricky
[16:05] Svante Schubert: Indeed
[16:05] Patrick Durusau: Action item: Patrick to propose XML state change representation of change operations, for next meeting. Preview: State changes have start and end states of being valid ODF XML.
[16:06] Svante Schubert: Oliver: The tricky thing is that multiple paragraph can become members of the same list-item!
[16:07] Svante Schubert: Svante: Isn't it possible that multiple paragraphs within the same list-item simply have the same list style, the same indent level and have to be siblings?
[16:09] Svante Schubert: Only the first got the label, distant similar to the adjacent border handling of paragraphs, where as well a special handling of sibling paragraphs exist. No border inbetween of paragraphs with the same style are displayed, even if the paragraphs do have a buttom/top border.
[16:10] Svante Schubert: @Patrick: Thank you for taking over the action item, Patrick.
[16:11] Svante Schubert: Oliver: If a paragraph is following a list and should now become part of the final list item, we only need to change the indent level of the last paragraph.
[16:16] Svante Schubert: We need two list related properties on a paragraph at minimum. As in ODF we might have multiple paragraph in a single list item, we not only need the list level (indentLevel), but which paragraph is starting a new list-item.
[16:16] Svante Schubert: To separate if three paragraphs A, B, C of the same list level are in one list-item or each in a single on.
[16:17] Svante Schubert: Oliver: If two siblings have a different list-level, it is clear that a new list item is started.
[16:21] Svante Schubert: In this example we see that a paragraph can be easily be morphed into a list-item within a list or a heading by simply switching properties.
[16:21] Svante Schubert: Making it much more efficient to apply a change, as switching properties is easier than deleting/inserting complete components.
[16:24] Svante Schubert: What is missing in your wiki, Oliver? --> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-collab/201301/msg00012.html
[16:24] Svante Schubert: Like Step one, what is the starting element of the paragraph component?
[16:24] Svante Schubert: Perhaps a naming with referenz to part 1 (HTML part) would be cool
[16:27] Svante Schubert: Minimal set is the empty text (no children nor attributes are required) see http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-schema.rng
[16:30] Svante Schubert: Actually I would use three components from operation/user view: paragraph, heading and list-item (within list)
[16:31] Svante Schubert: Guess we need the add text operation as well, to give our paragraphs a little more life!
[16:33] Svante Schubert: Oliver: In OOO the model is just like the above. Only attributes are differentiating the three types.
[16:35] Svante Schubert: Our next step: Apply the steps from the template (mail from yesterday) to our wiki. Oliver and I will work on that. Any other helping hand is welcome!
[16:36] Svante Schubert: Patrick will check what is the status of the new ODF OASIS templates for ODF 1.3.
[16:36] Svante Schubert: bye
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//timeanddate.com//Meeting Planner
METHOD:PUBLISH
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20130213T143000Z
DTEND:20130213T153000Z
TRANSP:TRANSPARENT
SUMMARY:Meeting Times
 013, 09:30\nBerlin: Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2013, 15:30\nLondon: Mittwoch,
 13. Februar 2013, 14:30\n\n\nList generated using timeanddate.com's Meeti
 ng Planner\nhttp://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?iso
 =20130213T1430&p1=179&p2=37&p3=136\n
LOCATION:New York, Berlin, London
URL;VALUE=URI:http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?is