Subject: Re: [office-collab] Lists - information overflow

Hi Svante,

you wrote:
> I came to the following conclusion:
>
>  1. All template list styles (those from the styles.xml) should be
>     provided by operations, when wiring an ODF document by operations
>     over the net. In case an application allows the choice of existing
>     predefined list styles.
>     (We might even specify default styles in the standard to guarantee a
>     consistent look and feel for ODF documents)
>  2. Even if there is only one paragraph in the above example, which only
>     uses one list level style of a list style, the complete set of list
>     definition level 1 to 10 needs to be wired gathered from the list
>     hierarchy, otherwise the run-time behavior would differ. For
>     instance if a user expands the list (usually pressing CR after an
>     existing list item, here "Hello list!" and lowers the list level a
>     new list level style would be applied. Which should be used? In this
>     case the 9th list level style from the above example. Therefore all
>     available list level definition have to be provided by an operation.

I wonder if this it yet relevant for the SC task (which is change
tracking) - aren't we quickly entering the realm of application
runtime behaviour here, that so far the TC has carefully avoided to
mandate?

Cheers,

--

Thorsten Behrens

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg; GF: Jeff
Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)