Subject: IRC log from today's meeting - 2013-03-13

Our next meeting will be in two weeks on the 27th of March - in two weeks at the same time as today:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2013&month=3&day=27&hour=14&min=30&sec=0&p1=179&p2=37&p3=136&p4=234&iv=1800

Louis added a action table to our Wiki: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/Advanced%20Document%20Collaboration
Action item for all: Review wiki pages (insert/delete paragraph). Easy enough to understand? Suggest common repeatable structure! What is missing, e.g. what XML belongs to to the paragraph, i.e. only text:p with attributes, we analyzed in todays call.

Please find the IRC log of today's meeting below:
[15:30] Svante Schubert: Hi everyone!
[15:32] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: searching for the numbers to dial in
[15:33] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: found
[15:35] Svante Schubert: In two weeks we still have European Winter time. To avoid any further confusion, lets stick to this schedule and use the above URL time.
[15:37] lsoui: daylight savings time sucks
[15:38] Svante Schubert: We are keeping the current time for our next call in two weeks, see URL above. If there are problems, just write to the list.
[15:38] lsoui: btw, latest OpenSuSE is out
[15:39] Svante Schubert: Oliver: Status on Wiki page
[15:43] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: The last update on the Wiki page had been made in mid January to switch to the definitions to the definition of "operations". In the prose I mentioned which User Action could be changed-tracked by the "operation"
[15:43] Svante Schubert: The idea is to use the Wiki page as the current working draft and paste it later into the ODF template of the specification
[15:44] Svante Schubert: Our final goal to reach our mayor milestone the delivery of a specification to our next ODF version.
[15:45] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: action item for Oliver: review wiki text on operations "insert paragraph" and "delete paragraph"
[15:47] Svante Schubert: action item of Louis, to review to wiki to see if it is easy understandable
[15:48] Svante Schubert: I will take an action item to describe the common parts used for insert/delete paragraph, as the component counting/numbering.
[15:50] Thorsten Behrens: Hi there - terribly sorry -
[15:51] Svante Schubert: Louis: There was an action item table in the OASIS adoption TC, Louis is trying to copy/paste it into our wiki
[15:54] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: Do not hesitate to change the wiki text with the drafts for operation "insert paragraph" and "delete paragraph"
[15:55] Svante Schubert: It would be easy/good if all component operations would have a common structure
[15:57] Svante Schubert: Is there any tool to grap information from Wiki pages to push it into an ODF file? Like an ODF specification?
[15:57] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: I am not sure, if wiki content is a contribution to OASIS regarding OASIS' IP rules.
[15:57] Svante Schubert: What's next? The most important part of a document is the text IMHO!
[15:58] lsoui: svante, I can't seem to create new pages in the wiki
[15:58] Thorsten Behrens: otherwise, wiki is fine for me
[15:58] Svante Schubert: @Louis: Still member?
[15:58] Svante Schubert: @Oliver: We should ask this in the TC, if the Wiki is sufficient for IP rules!
[15:59] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: yes, ask in the next TC call
[15:59] Svante Schubert: ^^the first who remembers to ask, shall do it!
[15:59] Thorsten Behrens: so, next up after paragraph - text and text styles.
[16:00] Svante Schubert: <text:line-break/>
[16:00] Svante Schubert: is a component, that is a child of a text container as the paragrah
[16:01] Svante Schubert: Another action item: is to list our todo list. The ECT feature set!
[16:02] Svante Schubert: What components and operations are necessary to cover the ECT feature set.
[16:02] Svante Schubert: think of components are just logical XML groups (or single XML elements), or just modular pieces of a the document
[16:04] Svante Schubert: Can we upload odf docs in the wiki?
[16:05] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: We can store documents in the OASIS document repo. and link to them from the wiki
[16:05] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: damn - why all text is coming twice
[16:05] Svante Schubert: Sounds good, Oliver!
[16:06] lsoui: added minimal table to the homepage of the group
[16:06] Svante Schubert: Got an URL, Louis?
[16:15] Svante Schubert: We need to define first, what is the XML set that is part of the component.
[16:15] Svante Schubert: Remember each character is an own component.
[16:16] Svante Schubert: One deletion of a paragraph will result into multiple insert operations to undo the change.
[16:29] Svante Schubert: Just looked into schema text does not require any attributes nor XML elements.
[16:31] Svante Schubert: The first insert paragraph operation would be simply adding a text: p element
[16:31] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: bye
[16:31] Svante Schubert: Of course later we will have additional attributes.
[16:31] Svante Schubert: byebye