Subject: IRC log from today's meeting - 2013-03-27

Please find the IRC log of today's meeting below.
Our next meeting will be in about two weeks on the 8th of April.

As Oliver already pointed out there will be an ODF conference in Berlin on our usual calling hour, therefore we moved the call for one time to the 8th of April:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2013&month=4&day=8&hour=13&min=30&sec=0&p1=179&p2=37&p3=136&p4=234&iv=1800

Attendees:
John, Patrick, Svante, Thorsten and Oliver.
Today's IRC log, with some confusion about the starting hour (the Oasis calendar was not updated, my fault sorry)

[12:55] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: some preparation for our coming call:
[12:56] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: OASIS IPR Policy - https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/ipr
[12:57] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: The OASIS IPR Policy contains a definition of a contribution: "Contribution - any material submitted to an OASIS Technical Committee by a TC Member in writing or electronically, whether in an in-person meeting or in any electronic conference or mailing list maintained by OASIS for the OASIS Technical Committee and which is or was proposed for inclusion in an OASIS Deliverable."
[13:04] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: Thus, discussion in ODF TC call reveals - as far as I understood it - that the content provided in an OASIS wiki is likely not a contribution according to the OASIS IPR Policy.
[13:07] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: Do not get me wrong, I myself do not see any IPR risk.
To be safe, we may be need to get in contact with OASIS administration in order to assure that the content we are providing via the OASIS wiki somehow becomes a contribution according to the OASIS IPR Policy
[14:35] Patrick Durusau: Thanks for the reminder on IPR. I have written (a few moments ago) posing that question to the TC Admin. May not get an answer during the call but certainly before our next meeting.
[14:35] Thorsten Behrens: hi guys
[14:36] Peter Rakyta- MultiRacio Ltd.: Hi There!
[14:37] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: Does the call already started? I thought it will start at 2:30 UTC - one hour from now
[14:38] Peter Rakyta- MultiRacio Ltd.:
[14:38] Peter Rakyta- MultiRacio Ltd.: Wednesday, 27 March 2013, 09:30am to 10:30am EDT
[14:40] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: link in Svante's reminder is telling me that it starts at 10:30 EDT
[14:40] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: Thus, is the call already open?
[14:41] Peter Rakyta- MultiRacio Ltd.: I dont think so
[14:41] Thorsten Behrens: nope, waiting for the MC
[14:41] Thorsten Behrens: so - call in an hour?
[14:42] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: from my point of view it starts in 48 min.
[14:43] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: I will ping Svante.
[14:43] Thorsten Behrens: bleargh, this DST mess is getting on my nerves ...
[14:45] Peter Rakyta- MultiRacio Ltd.: Oliver: In 2-3 weeks I am going to send you an updated version of the change tracking extension (from our talk at the Apache conference). Hope we can move on with the specification then...
[14:45] Svante Schubert: Hi, the meeting should start in 45min, did not adjusted the web meeting, only used links in the mails
[14:45] Svante Schubert: I dial myself shortly in so we can discuss what do do
[14:48] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: Svante has open the telephone call
[14:49] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: Peter: may be you could also give an update on your extension on Apache OpenOffice dev mailing list
[14:50] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: Svante will start the call in 40 min.
[14:51] Peter Rakyta- MultiRacio Ltd.: ok
[14:51] Peter Rakyta- MultiRacio Ltd.: by
[14:56] Svante Schubert: bye for now! @all: We are going to start the call in 34min.. --> The connection of cells via formulas is http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2013&month=3&day=27&hour=14&min=30&sec=0&p1=179&p2=37&p3=136&p4=234&iv=1800
[15:29] Svante Schubert: starting the call..
[15:34] Patrick Durusau: I am trying to dial back in but getting very bad connection, which then terminates on its own. Will keep trying.
[15:36] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: attending are John, Patrick, Svante, Thorsten and Oliver.
[15:40] Svante Schubert: Our next meeting will be on the 8th of April.
[15:42] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/Insertion%20of%20a%20paragraph for Insert of a paragraph
[15:42] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/Deletion%20of%20a%20paragraph for the delete of a para.
[15:49] Svante Schubert: ^Looking at the To Dos --> https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-collab/201303/msg00008.html
[15:52] Svante Schubert: Patrick aksed OASIS about IPR. Everything that goes into wiki pages is considered as a contribution.
[15:53] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: good news from TC Admins via Patrick: wiki content by OASIS members is a contribution according to the OASIS rules.
[15:53] Svante Schubert: Patrick: Will ask OASIS to write something to the list, so we something official
[15:57] Svante Schubert: John: MSO does not support CT for Excel and Powerpoint, therefore Chart and Shapes are unlikely to be implemented
[15:59] John Haug: For image, shape, chart - I believe the most we currently support would be insert and delete
[16:00] John Haug: For table - we don't handle column (which I think is the case for most applications, since they seem to be row-oriented)
[16:01] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: regarding implementation of improved change-tracking in Apache OpenOffice: some thoughts are available, but no concrete plans
[16:03] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: bye