Subject: IRC log from today's meeting - 2013-06-19

Please find the IRC log of today's meeting below.
Our next meeting will be in about two weeks on the 3rd of July.

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-collab/event.php?event_id=33772

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2013&month=7&day=3&hour=13&min=30&sec=0&p1=179&p2=37&p3=136&p4=234&iv=1800

Peter Rakyta- MultiRacio Ltd.: Hi there!
Svante Schubert: Hi everyone
Svante Schubert: Peter already joined the call, I hope we all have the same number
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: moin moin
Thorsten: hmm -
anonymous morphed into Jos van den Oever
Thorsten: seems the access code does not work for me -
Svante Schubert: second Thorsten
Thorsten tries another phone
Svante Schubert: Does it work for you Thorsten?
Thorsten retries
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: no echo here
Svante Schubert: Dennis sent a nice reference to a collab conference
Svante Schubert: from Tuesday 10 September to Friday 13 September in Florence Italy
Svante Schubert: I plan to attend the conference, will wait for more details on that
Svante Schubert: Jos: For WebOdf there had been written a lot of tests for collaboration
Svante Schubert: Jos: Basicdesing is StartDokument + Operations => EndDocument
Svante Schubert: Thorsten: Asks if Jos has some ideas on ODF normalization as from the view on the tests, there might be slightly different XML outputs from other applications
Svante Schubert: Missing is a tool that compares two ODF XML files and shows differences.
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: may be DeltaXML can help here regarding such a tool for comparing ODF XML files
Jos van den Oever: i think discussing the potential problems is more work than simply solving them
Jos van den Oever: the main gain from shared tests is also clarification of the spec
Svante Schubert: Is the reference document compared with the test result on text, XML or ODF level?
Svante Schubert: John: Requires a tied specification for people to review, before someone can work on the CT approach
Svante Schubert: John: In need of details on the serialization of the XML changes first
Svante Schubert: Peter: Not certain, yet if he can make use of Jos's test framework.
Svante Schubert: Shall we normalize operations in the file format? Remove redundancy from operations, like adding A and removing A will result in the removal of the two operations.
Svante Schubert: Oliver: Currently in AOO change-tracking already removes such redundant operations, like insertion and deletion or putting single character together as a single string.
Svante Schubert: byebye
Thorsten: thx svante, bye all!
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: bye