Subject: IRC log from today's meeting - 2013-09-11

Please find the IRC log of today's meeting below.
Our next meeting will be in about four weeks on the 9th of October as in two weeks there is the LibreOffice conference in Milan (Italy), where at least Peter, Thorsten and I will attend.

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-collab/event.php?event_id=33779
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2013&month=10&day=9&hour=13&min=30&sec=0&p1=179&p2=37&p3=136&p4=234&iv=1800

The teleconference login data for next call will be found in the OASIS calendar event (URL above).

Attendees: Oliver, Peter, Patrick, Thorsten, Svante.

[15:31] Svante Schubert: Hi everybody
[15:34] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: I am on mute and I can not hear background noise
[15:34] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: yes
[15:34] Svante Schubert: Currently there is the conference Dennis once pointed out http://www.doceng2013.org/
[15:35] Svante Schubert: Unfortunately I was not able to attend.
[15:35] Svante Schubert: Our next talk will be in four weeks, as in two weeks on the 25th of September will be the LibreOffice Conference ODF track in Milan (Italy).
On that day I will do a joint presentation with Peter, he is showing his LO change-tracking demo and I explain some theory in advance.
[15:36] Svante Schubert: So our next call will be on the 9th of October same time as usual.
[15:36] Svante Schubert: The CT standard prototype (used by ox.io/ox_text) I am working had made good progress and I will am now checking what scenarios of
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41699/extended-ct-proposal.odt
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41816/extended-ct-proposal%20Supplement%201.odt
are already covered.

My idea is to come up with a suggestion of component and operations.
Followed by a more detailed coverage/mapping of the properties involved.

In addition I have discussed in the past week the CT design with Luke Wolf for Calligra.
[15:40] Svante Schubert: Peter: Is giving an update on his prototype on OpenOffice/LibreOffice
[15:40] Svante Schubert: Peter: The last thing he added was merging functionality
[15:41] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: @Svante: Keep in mind to cancel the next meeting also in the OASIS calendar tool
[15:41] Svante Schubert: Peter: Will show on the LibreOffice conference in Italy the latest status
[15:51] Svante Schubert: The current specification parts are listed in http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/
[15:51] Svante Schubert: If we start in a new specification document, let's say part 5, what template should we use?
[15:52] Svante Schubert: The introduction/content table will become part 1 (i.e. http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os.html)
[15:52] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: @Svante: Focus on content not on shape - shape can be applied later, may be the rules will change again in the future
[15:53] Svante Schubert: so all others will be incremented, making CT the part 5th, so Patrick explained.
[15:53] Svante Schubert: Patrick will ask if there are new templates for ODF 1.3
[15:54] anonymous morphed into Thorsten
[15:55] Thorsten: hi there, sorry - got stuck in another meeting for ages ...
[16:00] Svante Schubert: Talking about serialization of change-tracking to the file format.
[16:00] Svante Schubert: We have a serie of undo operations that needs to be saved into the ODF package
[16:01] Svante Schubert: Perhaps if we have some kind of history feature, we need as well a queue of redo operations
[16:01] Svante Schubert: Metadata such as time and user are required on operations
[16:02] Svante Schubert: Earlier as in ODF 1.0/1.1 we have changes inline the XML
[16:02] Svante Schubert: like before/after XML being saved in the content.xml
[16:02] Svante Schubert: now everything is outside the main content.xml/styles.xml files
[16:03] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: bye
[16:03] Thorsten: thx! and safe travel to those who do!
[16:03] Thorsten: bye!
[16:04] Svante Schubert: byebye