Subject: RE: [office-collab] IRC log from today's meeting - 2013-10-23

Svante asked me which features Microsoft Office supports in change tracking.  I started from the table in the ECT proposal (for convenience, since I spent some time creating that set of features) and added a column for Word 2013.  See attached.  I don’t have test documents, I simply opened Word, turned on change tracking and added/deleted/modified various objects to see what was tracked (accepting changes along the way to be clear what Word was tracking).

BTW, Oliver-Rainer, thanks for suggesting we move the calls an hour later. :)

John

From: office-collab@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:office-collab@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Svante Schubert
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:11 AM
To: office-collab@lists.oasis-open.org

Please find the IRC log of today's meeting below.
Our next meeting will be in two weeks on the 6th of November.

NOTE: We decided to suggest to start one hour later, as long someone from Asian area is on the call. Please protest, if it does not suit you, the time would be:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2013&month=11&day=06&hour=15&min=30&sec=0&p1=179&p2=37&p3=136&p4=234&iv=1800

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-collab/event.php?event_id=33781
The teleconference login data for next call will be found in the OASIS calendar event (URL above).

Attendees: John, Oliver, Camilla, Svante.

[15:30] Svante Schubert: Hello
[15:34] Svante Schubert: There will be a OSBA (Open Source Business Aliance) meeting next week in Stuttgart
[15:34] Svante Schubert: Tuesday & Wednesday about improving change-tracking in LO/AO
[15:34] Svante Schubert: German cities are doing some funding (the long story short)
[15:36] Svante Schubert: I have uploaded an update on our draft - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-collab/document.php?document_id=51149
[15:37] Svante Schubert: In the past month I have stumbled over two problems that will influence
our ODF change-tracking and should therefore be fixed for ODF 1.3:

https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3845
https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3847
[15:39] Svante Schubert: I have updated some use cases about ODF normalization
[15:41] Svante Schubert: Oliver: I think it is better to discuss the draft changes on the mailing list as they had happened today and discuss it on next call
[15:43] Svante Schubert: Camilla: Reports about the GSoC work, the basics of the programming work
[15:45] Svante Schubert: How can I determine the feature set coverage of MSO change-tracking
[15:46] Svante Schubert: Does the DOCX W3C Schema already cover it?
[15:46] Svante Schubert: There was once a reference on the list to a Fraunhofer Test document, but ..
[15:46] Svante Schubert: it was very rudimentary (basic)
[15:46] Svante Schubert: some text, some styles a table..
[15:48] Svante Schubert: Test document would be great!
[15:48] Svante Schubert: documents
[15:49] Svante Schubert: I would be curious, how it is possible to test.
[15:50] Svante Schubert: Is it sufficient to copy a very high featured test document into an office with change-tracking enabled?
[15:51] Svante Schubert: ^^still asking myself how to test change-tracking most reasonable
[15:51] Svante Schubert: I guess we need some office interaction - like macros?
[15:51] Svante Schubert: Accepting/Rejecting changes
[15:52] Svante Schubert: There are three questions of mine:
[15:52] Svante Schubert: 1) What is the feature set of MSO 15 (latest) change-tracking
[15:52] Svante Schubert: 2) Do you have test documents, we might reuse?
[15:52] Svante Schubert: 3) What is the best practise in testing change-tracking (automation?)
[16:00] Svante Schubert: byebye
[16:00] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: bye
[16:00] Camilla Boemann: bye