Subject: Re: [office-collab] Welcome new SC member - Friedrich Kossebau from KDE

Am Dienstag, 17. Dezember 2013, 08:54:05 schrieb Svante Schubert:
> Dear subcommittee,
>
> I would like to welcome Friedrich Kossebau from KDE e.V., who has been
> added as Member of OpenDocument - Advanced Document Collaboration SC
> last week.
> He works on the browser based WebODF using operations to synchronize
> between clients.
> I am looking forward to meet him tomorrow on our SC call.

Thank you, Svante.
And Hello! to everyone in the subcommittee.

I was asked/invited by Svante and my KDE mate Jos to join OASIS and especially
this subcommittee to bring in, among other, the experiences I have been
gathering this year while implementing support for real-time collaborative
editing in WebODF, a javascript library for ODF document display/editing in
browser DOMs (e.g. driving the new "ownCloud Documents", see
http://owncloud.org/six/ or http://webodf.org).

Next to WebODF you can also find me contributing to the Calligra suite for two
years now, where I usually contribute across all programs.

(I am also the author of the hex editor Okteta, which is my long-time
experimental playground for a framework around editor needs. A bytearray is a
nice simple data structure for experimenting purposes :) ).

So far my contributions to ODF have been a few nitpicking emails to the ml
office-comment last year (2012), about issues I found in the ODF 1.2 spec. I
happily now do the move from "complaining" to "improving".

Looking forward to working with you on enhancing ODF!

For today's call I expect to be rather a listener only, as I yet have to catch
up with all the work that has already been done here.

Cheers
Friedrich