Subject: IRC log from today's meeting - 2014-02-12

Please find the IRC log of today's meeting below.
Our next meeting will be next year on the 26th of February.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2014&month=02&day=26&hour=15&min=30&sec=0&p1=179&p2=37&p3=136&p4=234&iv=1800
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-collab/event.php?event_id=36616
The teleconference login data for next call will be found in the OASIS calendar event (URL above).

Attendees: Friedrich, John, Jos, Oliver, Peter, Svante
[16:30] Svante Schubert: Hi everyone!
[16:33] Svante Schubert: Our next call will be in two weeks: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-collab/event.php?event_id=36616
[16:33] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann1: Will be a couple of minutes later - conflicting meeting
[16:34] Svante Schubert: okay, Oliver
[16:34] Jos van den Oever: hi guys
[16:35] Svante Schubert: Once again the FOSDEM URL of the talks - https://fosdem.org/2014/schedule/track/open_document_editors/
[16:35] Svante Schubert: This was my related talk - https://fosdem.org/2014/schedule/event/real_time_compatible_odf_change_tracking/
[16:39] Svante Schubert: My second talk - https://fosdem.org/2014/schedule/event/ox_documents/
[16:39] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: dailing in now
[16:39] Svante Schubert: OX Text is using purely ODF (OOXML) operations
[16:40] anonymous morphed into Friedirch W. H. Kossebau
[16:41] Svante Schubert: Jos and I thought about putting our Web Offices based on operations together and translate the different (yet proprietary) operations on the fly
[16:43] Svante Schubert: Because we have to define the changes on the ODF XML
[16:43] Friedirch W. H. Kossebau morphed into Friedrich W. H. Kossebau
[16:43] Svante Schubert: we might want to put types on different XML elements
[16:43] Svante Schubert: like office:body is boilerplate
[16:44] Svante Schubert: text:span is a (text) selection
[16:44] Svante Schubert: table:table or text is a start element of a component
[16:45] Svante Schubert: There are sometimes problems when adding a component to the component tree
[16:45] Jos van den Oever: in webodf, the operations do not specifically mention the odf elements
[16:45] Jos van den Oever: only on styling do we have an explicit link
[16:46] Svante Schubert: I need the ODF XML for the specification
[16:46] Svante Schubert: it is like you load a document, do a change and save it
[16:46] Jos van den Oever: sure in the spec we'll need to explain the effect on an odf
[16:46] Svante Schubert: do it change == applying an operation
[16:46] Jos van den Oever: odf -> op -> odf
[16:46] Svante Schubert: Like a component parent is a cell, the child is a paragraph, but there are list elements around
[16:47] Jos van den Oever: btw, peter, congrats on your calligra based tablet app for android
[16:48] Svante Schubert: Oliver: Example: Document with 4 paragraphs, 2nd and 3rd in a list
[16:49] Svante Schubert: Oliver: Inserting a 4th is a new paragraph, is it wihtin the list or not?
[16:49] Svante Schubert: We have to define it..
[16:50] Svante Schubert: It is easier to start with styles applied to characters within a paragraph.
[16:50] Svante Schubert: Editor behavior: The style comes from the prior character only for the first character it is taken from the second character.
[16:53] Svante Schubert: Than we have to differ between template styles and automatic styles
[16:53] Svante Schubert: And of course paragraph styles (their next style) and character/text styles
[16:54] Peter Rakyta- MultiRacio Ltd.: Jos van den Oever: thank
[16:54] Svante Schubert: It is the question if we should make this above editor behavior implicit in the standard or make explicit styled operations.
[16:56] Svante Schubert: I started to analyze the pro/con in terms of OT and will publish results on the mailinglist
[17:00] Svante Schubert: Peter: Tells a little about their new Andoid based Calligra office, which is not providing collabration. The sources should be someone, no link atm.
[17:01] Svante Schubert: bye
[17:01] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: bye