Subject: IRC log from today's meeting - 2014-09-10

Our next meeting will be on the 8th of Oktober:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2014&month=10&day=08&hour=14&min=30&sec=0&p1=179&p2=37&p3=136&p4=234&iv=1800

I have to cancel as in two weeks it will be the last day of my conference journey.

The teleconference login data for next call will be found in the OASIS calendar event:
Phone numbers are listed in the calendar invite:  https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/calendar.php
Chat room for meeting is at:  http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/odf

Please find the IRC log of today's meeting below:
Attendees: Oliver-Rainer Wittmann, Patrick Durusau, John Haug, Svante Schubert
[16:28] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: hello
[16:28] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: conf.call is open

[16:34] Svante Schubert: Talked about last week LibreOffice Conference and next week ACM Document Change conference.
[16:50] Svante Schubert: Disscussion on possible marketing for ODF TC/SC: ACM work in progress paper of Patrick and myself should be used as base for new ODF members. Especially from online office collaboration software.
[16:50] Svante Schubert: Patrick: Security is a good angle. Peer2Peer vs. central server.
[16:53] Svante Schubert: The latest draft of Patrick and mine --> https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=54052&wg_abbrev=office-collab
[16:54] Svante Schubert: The conference presentation of LibreOffice Conference. From my perspective change-tracking is the only major feature for ODF 1.3 (correct me if I am wrong).
[16:54] Svante Schubert: Even if all specs are ready for ODF 1.3 it still takes about 480 days till ISO standard.
[16:55] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: ad features for ODF 1.3: I think it depends. Let us see how TC members bring forward the one or the other feature. But, sure none of them is as big as the change tracking feature
[16:57] Svante Schubert: Before ODF 1.3 we only were able to interop on file level (like on floppy disc)
[16:58] Oliver-Rainer Wittmann: at least not well supported by ODF
[16:58] Svante Schubert: We require interop on patch/change level for collaboration (like in the Internet)
[16:59] Svante Schubert: similar to source control systems sending patches among developers
[17:05] Svante Schubert: We will discuss the paper that we might use as marketing pitch on our next call
[17:05] Svante Schubert: good-bye

Best regards,
Svante