Subject: Re: [office-collab] Collaboration/Change Tracking aspects

Am 14/09/14 um 19:02 schrieb Andreas J. Guelzow:

On 14-09-14 10:27 AM, Svante Schubert wrote:

Am 14/09/14 um 08:53 schrieb Patrick Durusau:
> Svante,
>
> Err, I'm not sure how there can be collaboration, even with OT without
> communicating transformations to other applications editing the same
> document.
>
> Yes?

The collaboration occurs by exchanging the full document.
Do you mean that full document will be exchanged between collaborators on every change or just at the beginning of the collaboration?
The trick is exactly to avoid the exchange of the full document, whenever possible.
Our goal is to extend the current ODF interoperability from the file based interoperability (as exchanging documents on floppy discs) to a changed based interoperability, where only the changes of ODF applications collaborating on a document are being dispatched over the net.

Sorry for the belated response. Had been on several conferences and took the time off inbetween.

Best regards,
Svante