Subject: Constraining insertions (deletions?)

Greetings!

I am working on producing the extract I promised from 29500, I've
forgotten the details of the OOXML file structure but I have the
extraction, just need to frame it to make it a usable document.

It has all the change tracking information from 29500 so no one has to
read all 5,000 + pages to get the gist of change tracking (called
revision there) in 29500.

It occurred to me that we need to explicitly say that insertions are
bound by ODF 1.3, that is the result of any insertion must be a valid
ODF document.

I am less certain about what to say about deletions because a deletion
could be preparation for an insertion.

That is we require a range of values on an attribute and deletion of
its present value at that moment means the document is not longer a
conforming ODF document. It is about to be followed by an insertion
statement with a new value.

In those cases, should deletions be linked to their corresponding
insertions?

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Patrick

- --
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS), Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Co-Editor 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau