Subject: IRC log - ODF Collab SC call - 2017-01-25

Call Summary:
A short update on our work and some pointers to ODF related projects we reviewed recently.

On the 8th of February will be our next meeting:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2017&month=02&day=08&hour=15&min=30&sec=0&p1=179&p2=37&p3=136&p4=234&iv=1800

The teleconference login data for next call will be found in the OASIS calendar event:
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=39514

Please find the IRC log of our meeting below:
Attendees: Patrick, Svante

[16:36] Svante Schubert: I talked exchanged some mails with Jos on extending the ODFServer. This is the mail to the ODF Toolkit on the idea:
[16:36] Svante Schubert: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-odf-dev/201701.mbox/%3CCAHNbw8nEMQ-QL%2BS99m8gRwHqufXxZ1TNmDyK%2BhOorxDdOyK%2BXQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
[16:37] Svante Schubert: about creating a test tool for providing test documents testing certain features based on the ODF RelaxNG schema
[16:39] Svante Schubert: The tests should be integrated into our ODF server maintained by JOS -> https://gitlab.com/odfplugfest/odfserver
[16:39] Svante Schubert: Another tool I stumbled over in this context was https://gitlab.com/odfplugfest/xmlmirror
[16:39] Svante Schubert: XmlMirror is a plugin for CodeMirror that enhances XML editing when a Relax NG schema or XML schema is supplied.
[16:40] Svante Schubert: As you mentioned it, Patrick. On the odf-dev list was a developer pointing out his https://github.com/hammyau/ODFExplorer
[16:41] Svante Schubert: I have tested ODFExplorer nice to browse through your file XML, but not through the schema.
[16:46] Svante Schubert: If you dispatch an ODF change, might it be with ODF change-tracking, e.g. undo the removal of an image.
[16:47] Svante Schubert: What image ODF XML would be generated, the default image that is being created when a user inserts an image in Microsoft Office (with nested frames for the caption) or the one in LibreOffice.. or others?
[16:48] Svante Schubert: If you have to test the ODF XML feature in every ODF application anyway, why not writing a GUI test in the first place, so it can be inserted/tested by automation and everyone could use it.
[16:49] Svante Schubert: That was the reason I was testing some Sikulix GUI testing with LibreOffice and Microsoft office and start some programming for a prototype, I would like to show at the FOSDEM on a lightning talk.
[16:51] Svante Schubert: The ODF feature tests (element testing based on the ODF RelaxNG schema) for the ODFServer is not directly related to the GUI tests of features, but they are related.
[16:53] Svante Schubert: Patrick: What are the problems people have with ODF change-tracking.
[16:53] Svante Schubert: ODF 1.2 change-tracking is derived from OpenOffice/LibreOffice change-tracking. And its core does not allow to store the previous format state of text or other things.
[16:54] Svante Schubert: In other words, you might only undo a new added formatation back to the default style.
[17:05] Svante Schubert: https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/open_document_editors_devroom_at
[17:06] Svante Schubert: Here is the FOSDEM schedule regarding ODF: https://fosdem.org/2017/schedule/track/open_document_editors/