Subject: IRC log - ODF Collab SC call - 2017-12-13

Call Summary:
We have been talking about the ongoing work on an implementation of our changes approach at Apache. Currently, I am working on the source code generation from the schema, establishing performance tests and evaluating alternative approaches.

We agreed to skip the meeting on the 27th of December due to the holiday season.

On the 10th of January will be our next meeting:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2018&month=01&day=10&hour=15&min=30&sec=0&p1=179&p2=37&p3=136&p4=234&iv=1800

The teleconference login data for next call will be found in the OASIS calendar event:
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=39538

[16:27] Patrick: getting coffee be there in a minute
[16:30] Svante Schubert: Okay, just dialed in
[16:34] Svante Schubert: We talked about the next calls and are going to let down the 27th December call
[16:34] Svante Schubert: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php
[16:35] Svante Schubert: I have provided some minor update on the list: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-collab/201712/msg00000.html
[16:36] Svante Schubert: we are talking about the references of yesterdays mail
[16:45] Svante Schubert: Patrick, asked if I haven't asked on the Gremlin user list.

[16:46] Svante Schubert: I did: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/gremlin-users/P8MdzzlFtng
[16:47] Svante Schubert: I just mentioned that ODFDOM is on some use cases 20times slower than working with XercesDOM solely
[16:47] Svante Schubert: I will receive those use cases and will establish some benchmarks
[16:47] Svante Schubert: JAXB does not work with RelaxNG therefore not with ODF schema
[16:48] Svante Schubert: Therefore I am working on an improved source code generation taking more knowledge of the file format into account (e.g. ID <-> references..)
[16:51] Svante Schubert: I hope that when this (reference) implementation of changes is ready next year, this SC gets more traction again
[16:52] Svante Schubert: I will be at the FOSDEM early next year showing the progress on the above
[16:52] Svante Schubert: https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2017/10/31/call-papers-open-document-editors-devroom-fosdem-2018/
[16:52] Svante Schubert: Thanks for joining! Enjoy your afternoon!