Subject: RE: [office-comment] Public Comment

Regards,

Scott Wiseman
Client Services Manager
InterCore, Inc.
888.603.6333 ext 89
http://www.intercore.net

-----Original Message-----
From: comment-form@oasis-open.org [mailto:comment-form@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 5:01 AM
To: office-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [office-comment] Public Comment

Comment from: christopher.crowhurst@thomson.com

After internal review of the specification we have the following comment
"Microsoft Office 2003 includes support for foreign elements and
attributes. Excel and Word will ignore and preserve these elements when
opening and saving. This is useful because it means you can include
proprietary markup in your Microsoft Office documents, and you can count
on Excel and Word handling this markup properly (i.e., not choking on it
or deleting it). The OpenDocument specification states only that
"Conforming applications that read and write documents MAY preserve
foreign elements and attributes." This means that conforming
applications would not be required to preserve foreign elements. With
respect to our e-Tool products, this might be a problem since we make
use of custom proprietary markup in the Word and Excel templates we
create for our customers."

Can the MAY become a WILL?