Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: bryan.s.schnabel@exgate.tek.com

Name: Bryan Schnabel
Title: "Transforming OO tables to CALS or XHTML tables, and back"

I previously asked if anyone had written a utility (preferably XSLT) that converts OO tables to and from some other table model (like CALS or XHTML).  But then I noticed that this list seems seldom traveled.

Judging by the topics on the TC Members only list, this kind of inquiry might get more attention on that list.

So I'll go ahead and write a conversion utility.  If there's any interest from anyone on this list (or the TC list) in such a utility, I'll be happy to share it when it's done.

Thanks,

Bryan Schnabel

Comment from: bryan.s.schnabel@exgate.tek.com

Name: Bryan Schnabel

Hello,

Has anybody written an XSLT (or other utility) for transforming OO tables to CALS or XHTML tables, and back?

I really like the accessibility to the XML when I decompress a .swx file.  I can then easily write a round trip to and from my XML Schema.  But tables with row spans are a bit tricky.  Before I roll up my sleeves and code it up, I wonder if someone has already written something for tables.

Thanks,

Bryan Schnabel

ps. I really like this standard!