Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: dennis.hamilton@acm.org

Name: Dennis E. Hamilton
Title: System Architect
Regarding Specification: OpenDocument 1.0 OOo version

In a comment posted on 10 Oct 2005 19:16:36, I said

"I understand this is not the responsibility of the OASIS OpenDocument TC (except it's offered as a document in the ODF format, yes?)."

I should have read more carefully.  The document is clearly identified as an OpenOffice.org document.

I still wonder what the ODF might have to say about the proper XML prolog usage in ODF documents and their parts.  And if having a DTD is appropriate, will the TC provide a "default" one that can be used for people such as myself who are very happy to use DTDs (along with schemas) in interchange of XML documents.