Subject: Re: [office-comment] [formula] Comments on SUBSTITUTE()

Hi Brad,

On Friday, 2006-12-22 16:58:34 +1100, Brad Hards wrote:

> I am concerned that the optional argument (Which) reflects oocalc and
> gnumeric, but not excel or kspread (which say "number of replacements")

In the function description all say the 4th parameter specifies which
occurence/instance is to be replaced. I must admit I have an older
version of Kspread, so maybe the wording there changed to reflect
reality..

> As an example, the test case from the spec that looks like:
> =SUBSTITUTE("121212";"2";"ab";2)
> produces 121ab12 with oocalc and gnumeric, but 1ab1ab12 with kspread.

All except Kspread produce "121ab12", this seems to be an error of
KSpread.

> Also, the test cases should include a case which has "Which" < 1, for example
> Expression: =SUBSTITUTE("Hello"; "H"; "J"; 0)
> Result: Error
> Level: 1
> Comment: Which cannot be less than 1.
>
> Also, there is a typo: occurance should be occurrence.

Added and corrected.

Thanks
  Eike