Subject: Re: [office-comment] ODFF: list of suggestions

Hi David,

David King wrote:
> Hi Leonard
>
>> How about:
>> ... calculates the mean for the inner set of data after removing  the
>> lower x% and upper x% from the original data set.
>>

> Cor, it gets longer every time ;). Trouble with this one is that
> it's strictly (x/2)% not x%.

Hmmm...

What if the formula is written with TRIMMEAN(..., 2*x) ?

Just to avoid getting it bigger. ;-)
[And avoid some of the confusion with the used formulas.]

OR

... calculates the mean for the inner data set after removing  the lower
and upper (x/2) % of data.

This one is even shorter. Getting it shorter than this will only
obfuscate the summary.

Sincerely,

Leonard