Subject: Re: [office-comment] Support for overlined text in ODF

Hi Rob,

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> We do have your request in the list of public comments we need to respond
> to.  In fact it is #92 on my list:
>
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200705/msg00005.html
>
> As the major feature work on ODF 1.2 winds down, we're spending more TC
> time responding to these comments.  I know this is not much of a
> condolence, considering you have waited a year, but we're trying to get
> through them all, in chronological order.

Do you have a target date for completing this process?

I've just spent a fair amount of time getting my work back in sync with the
current OOo codebase - I'd rather not have to do it again!

> The text decorations for ODF are based on CSS3 Text Module (
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/CR-css3-text-20030514/)
>
> So anything we can reuse from there will harmonize with what we already
> have.

That at least is encouraging - the CSS3 properties

   'text-overline-style'
   'text-overline-width'
   'text-overline-color'
   'text-overline-mode'

would map to my proposed new ODF overline properties in exactly the same way as
the CSS3 properties

   'text-underline-style'
   'text-underline-width'
   'text-underline-color'
   'text-underline-mode'

map to the existing ODF underline properties.

Best regards,

Martin