Subject: Re: [office-comment] ODF 1.2 and XAdES

"Hanssens Bart" <Bart.Hanssens@fedict.be> wrote on 06/09/2008 10:44:01 AM:

> Hi,
>

> Since ODF 1.2 will support XML-DSIG, wouldn't it be useful to explicitly
> support XAdES (ETSI TS 101 903) - which IIRC adheres to the European
> Directive on advanced electronic signatures -  or should that be up to
> the application ?

Good question.  I've also heard of a government-mandated digital signature
standard in Brazil.  We need to examine these to see if they in fact can
be implemented by applications based on the W3C dig-sig work we already
have (best case) or (worst case) these are going to be contradictory and
mutually exclusive approaches.

-Rob