Subject: RE: [office-comment] Proposed resolution to public comment #10

That's the nature of an external normative reference.

It is a new OASIS requirement, so it did not apply to ODF 1.0 or ODF 1.1,
but with ODF 1.2 we will be required to note for each external reference
whether it is normative or informative.  For [xml-names] we'll mark that
reference as normative.  At that point it will not require re-stating that
the conformance requirements of [xml-names] are part of the conformance
requirements of ODF 1.2.

Our external reference to Relax NG will also be normative, so that our
requirement that ODF documents be valid to the ODF schema will also, by
reference, include Relax NG's requirement in its clause 5 "Data Model":

"XML documents representing schemas and instances shall be well-formed in
conformance with W3C XML and shall conform to the constraints of W3C
XML-Names".

-Rob
___________________________

"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>
06/30/2008 03:48 PM
Please respond to
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org>

<office-comment@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
<robert_weir@us.ibm.com>
Subject
RE: [office-comment] Proposed resolution to public comment #10

I think it would be useful to specify somewhere (I am not digging out a
spec
and looking, so forgive me) that the XML for ODF conforms to [xml-names]
(assuming that the specification doesn't contradict that) as a normative
condition.

I don't think that modifying the particular clause will accomplish what
Dave
is noticing (although one could still make that change), because the
statement is about the Table 1 namespace prefixes and not about where ":"
can occur.

 - Dennis