Subject: Re: [office-comment] odf 1.1 dc:language value (unchanged as yet for 1.2)

Dave,

You fail to quote the complete definition, which I think answers your
question:

According to ODF 3.1.15:

"The <dc:language> element specifies the default language of the document.

The manner in which the language is represented is similar to the language
tag described in [RFC3066]. It consists of a two or three letter Language
Code taken from the ISO 639 standard optionally followed by a hyphen (-)
and a two-letter Country Code taken from the ISO 3166 standard."

The Dublin Core Usage Guide, 4.15 states:

"Recommended best practice for the values of the Language element is
defined by RFC 3066 [RFC 3066, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/ rfc3066.txt]
which, in conjunction with ISO 639 [ISO 639, http://www.oasis-
open.org/cover/iso639a.html]), defines two- and three-letter primary
language tags with optional subtags. Examples include "en" or "eng" for
English, "akk" for Akkadian, and "en-GB" for English used in the United
Kingdom."

So I'm not seeing any conflict between what ODF says, what XML Schema
Datatypes says and what Dublin Core says.

-Rob