Subject: Re: [office-comment] ODFF: NPV

Hi David,

On Tuesday, 2008-08-12 23:00:31 +0100, David King wrote:

> NPV
> should reference the part of the ODFF specification that
> describes how a rectangular range / array is ordered (left to
> right across rows before down columns?).

Good catch. Indeed, order of values is significant here, which makes
NPV() an exceptional case because usually for functions taking
a variable list of arguments, especially if they accept a ReferenceList
or NumberSequenceList, the order of arguments is not significant.

> NB I haven't found that part yet..... ;)

So far, IIRC, there wasn't the need to specify a general evaluation
order for 2D range and array arguments. If it turns out that there is
some general behavior that is needed to be referred at several places we
should add that. For now I'm adding it to the NPV() function. Will be
present in the next revision I'll upload to the repository.

Thanks
  Eike

--
 OpenOffice.org / StarOffice Calc core developer and i18n transpositionizer.
 SunSign   0x87F8D412 : 2F58 5236 DB02 F335 8304  7D6C 65C9 F9B5 87F8 D412

PGP signature