Subject: Foreign elements and attributes

Dear colleagues,

I believe that foreign elements and attributes should be allowed.  This
looks obvious to me.

I even think that some of the current elements and attributes should
be moved to foreign namespaces so that ODF becomes as small as possible.
(I do not think that it is a good idea to introduce many features
to ODF for the competition of OOXML.  Rather, ODF should try to become
XHTML MP for Office Documents, IMHO.  Many users and developers would
welcome such a lean and mean specification.)

ODF 1.0 is expected to become a JIS this year.  (I have received
a number of comments from the reviewers.  Ouch!)  If ODF 1.2 is
proposed as an extension of ODF 1.0 and lacks foreign elements and
attributes, I will certainly argue that they should be allowed when
Japan considers the ODF 1.2 PAS submission.

Cheers,

--
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>