Subject: Re: [office-comment] Which version of XML? (ODF 1.2)

"Alex Brown" <alexb@griffinbrown.co.uk> wrote on 02/17/2009 02:22:25 PM:

> Dear all,
>
> The current draft of ODF 1.2 references XML 1.0 3rd edition. Why not
> 4th? Shall XML 1.0 5th edition documents be rejected if they use
> features forbidden by earlier editions?

We have an outstanding task check all external normative references for
currency and decide which ones should be updated.  The outcome of this
review will be reflected in a future draft.  We won't necessarily be using
the very latest version of every W3C standard.  The critical thing will be
to have a consistent set of external references.

-Rob