Subject: Automatic styles (ODF all versions)

Dear all,

About automatic styles (2.16.3) we learn

----b
Note: Common and automatic styles behave differently in ODF editing
implementations. Common styles are presented to the user as a named set
of formatting properties, automatic styles are not presented to the user
as such. The formatting properties of an automatic styles are presented
to a user as properties of the object to which the style is applied.
----e

Why is certain UI behaviour (OO.o behaviour) described here? Are not
implementation free to innovate how styles are presented to the user?

I think this note adds nothing and needs to be removed.

- Alex.