Subject: RE: [office-comment] CD01 -- 8.2.1 Referencing Table Cells

"Alex Brown" <alexb@griffinbrown.co.uk> wrote on 05/08/2009 05:01:38 AM:

> Will this fix be back-applied to ODF 1.1?
>
> In fact will all these minor-but-important wording faults ("must",
> "similar to", etc.) be corrected for ODF 1.1? Or will it be
> necessary for defect reports to come in from the JTC 1 side to
> trigger errata/amendments for 1.1?

We do not currently have a work item to create errata for ODF 1.1.

Since there is no version of ODF 1.1 in JTC1, I'd suggest that we want
something like this to occur:

At some suitable cut-off date, JTC1 process an amendment to ISO/IEC 26300
which includes material from the following:

1) Changes made in OASIS ODF 1.1 (accessibility fixes, etc.)
2) Changes made in OASIS ODF 1.0 Errata 01 (Murata-san's first defect
report)
3) Changes made in OASIS ODF 1.0 Errata 02 (Murata-san's second defect
report, plus possibly others)
4) Changes made in OASIS ODF 1.0 Errata 03 (Whatever else we need to
address)

Obviously, any OASIS Approved Errata which have been already converted
into in approved Technical Corrigenda would not need to be reconsidered in
the amendment.  But there is the distinct possibility that some Approved
Errata will be unprocessed at the point when you decide to do the
amendment.  So you need to be prepared to handle it either way.

This amended ODF 1.1 could then be adopted by OASIS as "ODF 1.1 (second
edition)".  It would be too much for us to process as Approved Errata, but
we could submit it to an OASIS ballot for a "second edition".

This is just a suggestion of a possible route.  Frances and Patrick will
need to work out the details.

Regards,

-Rob